4.04.2011

Oh the Deliciousness of Bacon


Okay, this meal was soooo delicious. You know you want some. I mean seriously. Just look at it.

This is one of our favorite meals, because the chicken always has sooo much flavor, none of that dry stuff.

I made it last night (John cut and steamed the potatoes), and we were in food heaven as we ate.

Oh you want the recipe? Okay, here it is:

Bacon & Rosemary Chicken (Courtesy of Simple & Delicious)
  • 4 Chicken Breasts
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 5 bacon strips, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp. butter
  • 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced/minced
  • 1 Tbsp. minced fresh rosemary, or 1 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
  • 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
  • 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
Flatten chicken breasts to an even thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken breasts, one at a time, and shake to coat.

In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to a paper towel with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings. cook chicken in butter and reserved drippings for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat thermometer reads 170. Remove and keep warm.

Add the garlic, rosemary, and pepper flakes to the skillet; cook for 1 minute. Add broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by half. Return chicken and bacon to skillet, heat through.

My Red Potatoes Recipe (courtesy of yours truly)
  • Red Potatoes halved or in fourths
  • A Scoop of Sour Cream
  • A dash of Garlic Powder
  • A few dashes of parsley
  • Some butter
Boil or steam the potatoes, when they are nice and soft, drain them and put them in a bowl. Add butter, sour cream, garlic powder, and parsley. Mix ingredients around and then enjoy!

Sorry, I don't have specific measurements, just put in however much you think you'll like.

And don't forget to enjoy it with an IBC Cream Soda! :)


Hey readers, I have a quick question for you: have any of you actually tried any of the recipes I've put up? If so, which one? Was it good??

4 comments:

Baylen + Mariana said...

Baylen & i haven't tried any yet, but i am dying to! That's what we'll do tgis week, eat Sara style! Seriously, mouth watering right now. You are gonna make me fat!

Cailey said...

I will try making it this weekend, sounds soo delicious! I havent made anything of yours, but I have copied all the receipes and put them in my book so I can try them. they all sound soo super good!

Anonymous said...

Made you chicken mexican bean soup. Loved it :)
Trisha

Cailey said...

Sara, I made this, and it was seriously AMAZING! Even my husband, was saying, that this was the best thing I have ever cooked! (and it seriously was!) He could not stop talking about how amazing the dish was, and the flavors. He seriously just sat there, enjoying the flavors, and every bite. Oh my goodness, talk about amazing! We loooved this chicken, and I will be making this more often!!! I think I'm going to try to have the chicken smaller pieces kind of thing... ooo but sooo amazing! Thank you for sharing this! LOOOOVE!