2.11.2011

Inside Every Man There is a Little Boy.

A few nights ago John texted me from work asking if I wanted to go to HobbyTown USA after he got off work. I knew that was where he wanted to get his mini helicopter from, so I thought I'd go and check them out, you know, see what the prices were (remember I told you that he told me that he wanted a helicopter for Valentines Day in this post). 

We stopped at Starbucks on the way, because every time we pass that place I am drawn straight to it. They have this seasonal drink that I LOVE. It's called, drum roll please.................Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, and it is amazing. You are probably feeling a little skeptical right now and that's okay because I was too. Salt in hot chocolate? That doesn't seem like it would work very well, but it works. Trust me. If you haven't tried it, you probably should go quickly, because I'm not sure how long they'll be making it.

So back to my story, we walk into the store and it is the most randomly weird store I have ever been into. They sell things that are supposedly peoples hobbies, right, and apparently people have some pretty weird hobbies. John found the helicopters real quick and I got stuck at the magnets. 

I have had a love for magnets ever since I stole them from my friend lyle (real name kyle) in Spanish class in the 8th or 9th grade. The ones at the store were little round ones and they were so cool! I was getting ready to tell John I wanted them for our 1 year and 6 month anniversary (which, by the way had already past, sans presents). But then I looked at the price tag. They were like $34.99! Ridiculous.

The guy at the store was very helpful, and he knew a lot about remote control flying contraptions. We found this cute little blue camo one that I thought would be perfect. And so did John. So we bought it! It's fun to fly, and to watch it maneuver around our living room, but I prefer to watch John's face while he's flying it. He gets this really serious face (when he doesn't know I'm watching) and every few seconds his tongue comes out. What is it with boys and their tongues!? 

He's pretty cute.

Happy Early Valentines Day Everyone :)

P.S. I'm taking this photo class online, it's free and fun and there is no pressure. It's done by Willette {classic children's portraiture}. The teacher sends out an email everyday with a new assignment. Each assignment has to do with documenting things about someone you love. If you are interested in signing up click here. I used the picture at the top of this post for Day 09 of the class, to show a passion or hobby of someone I love.

Here are a few more of the photos I've taken for the class:

[Day 10] Spaces They are Comfortable

[Day 09] Hobbies: John loves drinking Tea and cooking in the kitchen. I
Tried to capture both in this picture.
[Day 08] A Gift From the Heart

No comments: