2.05.2010

Cheese Cake Anyone?!?

Phase one of our carribbean vacation has begun! At the moment we are enjoying my Utah mountains as we hang out with my family in the new house. The house is built on a lot that is basically on the foothills and it's definitely one of my favorite sights.

We drove here yesterday, the drive was nothing spectacular--John drove the whole way. We got here around four o-clock and chit chatted until everyone was home, then we drove up to Salt Lake to go eat at the Cheesecake factory. Oh my heck, it was absolutely delicious and amazing! We met up with my brother Nate and his girlfriend Erica, and her son Dillon, so the whole family was there which made it extra good. It doesn't happen often that we are all together. I ordered garlic pasta with spaghetti and it was pretty much divine. It had asparagus, tomatoes, mushrooms and chicken in a delicious garlic sauce. Sadly I burnt my tonge on our spinach dip appetizer, so I couldn't enjoy it as much as I would have liked. We got some white chocolate raspberry truffle cheesecake for desert and yes, it was the best cheesecake ever. If you haven't been there, it's a must do before you die.

Sorry if my writing is a little bit boring, I keep getting distracted because my darling (John) and my sister are having a braiding contest on my hair. You can probably guess who won the speed and quality contest, but I think John won the making people laugh while doing the braid contest, so it's all good... :) Apparently I'm wearing John's braid for dinner tonight.

We got up today and ate some leftover cheesecake for breakfast, then some special K cereal which I honestly did not like.  I felt like I was eating air with a little bit of crunch. I understand why they say that you can lose weight from eating it every morning for breakfast.

Then we went to Cabellas because John wanted to use his giftcards to make a great purchase. He's a fisherman at heart and got a sweet new fly fishing rod. The twins came with us and I went with them to look at the "stuffed animals" (as my mom calls them) because John was in fish heaven and he couldn't figure out what he wanted. It was pretty cool. One of my favorite cousins Anna will be over soon, she is bringing a date! So it should be an exciting night.

Adventure #1: We only had to go back to the apartment twice after we left to come to Utah.
Adventure #2: We left Idaho state lines!
Adventure #3: My face turned red in front of my family while I was telling a story (my face is retarted, I'll have to tell you about that one later).

Anyway, thanks for reading! Tomorrow morning we'll be boarding a plane to Florida, and then on Sunday afternoon we board the ship!

See you later!

No comments: