1.09.2012

Mondays are Fun days!

Oh how I love the weekends! Most responsibilities go on hold, and I get to do whatever I want to do. They are a small break from reality, if you will.

Mondays on the other hand, Mondays are the nastiest. Usually, by the end of the day, I feel like the week should be 3/4ths done. And then I realize it's only Monday!

Working freelance is wonderful, because it's almost like it's the weekend all the time! Nasty Mondays don't even exist. I'm my own boss. Of course I have companies and clients to answer to, but as long as I get the work done in a timely manner, everything works out great. I can work whenever I want. I can wear whatever I feel like wearing to work [since my office is usually the couch], and I can take as many breaks as I want!

This whole set up is quite wonderful! Being an employee of Sara Tranberg Photography & Design is the best!

So far, there are only two things about Sara Tranberg Photography & Design that I don't like:
1. I don't have anyone else to bounce ideas off of. It's a lot harder to find someone who is willing to critique my work and to help me improve it before sending it off to the client.
2. The work isn't as steady as I'd like it to be, and I don't have a set income from month to month.

The good news is, I made a new alliance with Mishap Studios. So I'll be working freelance for two different companies. I'm doing web design for Velocity Webworks [and the occasional logo/business card/etc], and I'll hopefully be doing magazine layouts for Mishap Studios! Cross your fingers for me, so that everything works out.

In other news, I got a new lens today! It's a 35mm 1.8, and I'm already in love. You should have seen me when I saw the Fedex Truck stop outside our house. I got giddy like a small school girl, mostly because it came a day early! :]

Today's photos [taken on the new lens of course]:
 6. Some shrubbery and lots of beautiful bokeh [background blur].

7. Yes, we have a peephole. And I'm tall enough to use it!

 
 8. Today, we updated John's resumé and searched online for jobs. This photo also features part of the haircut I gave him. I have no formal training, unless you count Youtube videos... Be proud.

 9. Yesterday, we made chocolate chip cookies. They turned out a little flat, but super delicioso!

 
 10. This morning we played Rockband on the X-Box!

Happy Monday!



No comments: