10.14.2011

Right Vs. Left

There is this thing called the brain. It's a pretty fantastic thing. It runs my body. It tells me when to breath, it tells my heart to keep beating, it gives me control over moving my body parts, etc.

It's insane, when you really think about it. I don't really even know how it works, I just know that it does.

Here's the thing though: There is a left side, and a right side. The left is more interested in logistics. It likes math and it likes writing html. The right side is all about creativity. It likes abstract thinking. It likes aesthetics. It is into visual things like CSS.

And in my brain, these two sides are like North and South Korea. The left side of my brain is more like a democracy. It likes freedom, and it likes sharing. But the right side is a dictatorship, and it just wants to take over everything! If it could it would nuke the left side and conquer. It's idol is Adolf Hitler. Pretty bad, I know.

Proof:

I'd much rather design/style a paper than write one.

Oh you wanted me to figure out a math problem? I have no recollection of that request, all I know is that I have to take some pictures. Like these:





























What was that John? This is the third time you told me that you think it's my turn to do the dishes? Sorry, I didn't hear you, I've been working on a logo...

Last week I had a web page due for my CIT class, and after writing one line of code, I spent about 3 hours tweaking the design in CSS. Ooops.

As you can see, the right side of my brain causes problems in my life. Because of old righty, I have time management issues, I procrastinate everything that has anything to do with the left side of my brain, and I have relationship issues [sometimes I accidently ignore John while in design mode].

Don't worry though, somehow I figure out how to make it work. And I'm planning on helping sweet little lefty build up some stronger defenses.


1 comment:

Sarah Faria said...

I love this! You're so funny!! We are opposites, I cannot for the life of me do the creative artsy things. Although, my left side doesn't really like writing papers or working much either . . . For example, right now I should be finding articles about ethical situations in family therapy so I can write a 5-7 page paper due on Monday but instead I'm reading blogs. :)