5.08.2012

I Wish I Was a Dog


If I was a dog, I wouldn't care about what people think. I would only be worried about how good my puppy eyes were in a food situation.

If I was a dog my life would be so much simpler. I could sleep when I wanted, play when I wanted, and my hardest task would be to fetch a frisby.

If I was a dog, I wouldn't be able to understand if someone said that my puppy dog eyes were ugly. 

If I was a dog, I would forget things and move on.

------------

You can tell today was not the best of days, because I'm comparing my life to a dog's life...AND IM CHOOSING THE LIFE OF A DOG! HA

Today, I got ripped apart. I had a client that was very unhappy with my mockup for his website, and he let me know in very detailed terms. And because I don't have tons of experience, I'm having a design confidence crisis.

The bad design boils down to some miscommunication. But that doesn't make me feel any better about myself. I need to learn from this failure, instead of letting it bog me down. But sometimes I just don't want to...

Now is as good a time as ever to tell you about my new job [that I may or may not be qualified for]. Just kidding, I know I'm qualified! I just need to continue learning and improving.

So I'm officially part of the full time staff at a company called Velocity Webworks in St. George. We are also Websites For Quilters [most of our websites are actually for quilters]. I work in the office Monday through Thursday, and work from home on Fridays. I love everything about it [minus what happened today]! It is a great environment, I work with great people, and I get paid well too. Plus I get to design things in Photoshop all day. It's not a bad setup.

So far I don't hate the commute. It is about 45 minutes each way, but the scenery is beautiful. It goes by pretty fast when I'm jamming out to my favorite tunes.

Anyway, today I'm wishing my life was serene, simple, and calm. It could look something like this:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pic

Merry said...

I LOVE that dog picture. Love.

And I hate those kind of experiences when you want to do your best and make the client/co-worker/boss/husband/teacher/student happy and you can't. But don't let it bog you down. You say you don't want to learn from this, but I'm sure you already have.

Cailey said...

I'm sorry that happened!!! I hate when things like that happen! its frustrating. Sara trust me, your amazing!!!! :)