4.13.2012

Welcome to the 21st Century














































I have been warmly welcomed to the 21st century [thanks Julie]! Why? Because I got a smart phone!

Since we were poor, I never upgraded my old crappy phone to a smart phone. I didn't have 30 extra dollars a month to pay for data... I told myself for the longest time that they were overrated, and that I was doing just fine with my non-internet phone. Who needs Apps anyway!?

But then I saw advertisements for the iphone 4s. It looked so cool, and it had Siri, which was like a free personal secretary. But I thought, oh, I bet the voice recognition sucks. And then my brother got one, and he let me play around with it, and I realized that maybe it wasn't overrated. But I was still poor. So I did nothing.

And then this thing happened. This thing is BIG NEWS, and now that it is official, I think it's safe to announce on the blog. No, I'm not pregnant [sorry Valerie & Vanessa, I didn't mean to get your hopes up]. The big news is: I GOT OFFERED A REAL, BIG GIRL, FULL-TIME WEB DESIGN JOB! With benefits! Making real, good money. I start in less than two weeks. :)

And then, I realized that I wasn't going to be super poor anymore. And I gave in. I rewarded myself with an iPhone. And so far, we are inseparable. I love it [sorry Mariana].

:)


3 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations Sara! On the new phone and the job :). So very exciting, and to think...if it weren't for my expertise and help in Yearbook class you never would've made it this far with your works in digital design. No thanks to Mr. Fussy :D.

Merry said...

Yay for a new grownup job!

Baylen + Mariana said...

Hahaha! I love your "sorry Mariana."