4.06.2012

Practicing My Golf Swing

Last week our landlords came to visit. They did a bunch of work on the house, and did yard work. We didn't mind!

My favorite thing they installed is a garage opener. Wow, you don't realize how nice those are until you have to go without. I swear, opening and shutting that giant door by hand was almost the death of me a few times. I'm just a small little tyke, what did you expect?

We have this entryway into our home, it's between the garage and the house. It wasn't finished when we moved in. You could see up into the attic, and the floor was just the wood that goes on the bottom of everything. But the owners hired someone to come finish it. It still needs to be painted, but it's awesome. They put in the green stuff that looks sort of like fake grass. Perfect for putting:


Last night, I was inside reading while John was outside causing mischief. He came in and told me to come out, because he wanted to show me something. So I put my book down and went out into our new entryway. And we began a game of PIG. 

In case you don't know the rules: we traded off choosing what type of shot we could make. If the ball went into the cup, than the other person had to make that shot too. If they don't succeed, then they get a letter. Whoever spells PIG first looses. I put up an amazing fight, and surprised both John and myself with how well I could put the ball into the cup. But in the end I lost. 

John showed me his skills by hitting practice balls across the entryway and into his hat:



It was a fun/spontaneous date night :)


No comments: