I'm sitting here in my nice warm bed, all alone and lonely. John is out on a man date watching a special screening of THE HOBBIT (without me)! Can you believe it!?
Actually, I can believe it. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the Hobbit, but I'd much rather sleep in on a Saturday morning, and go see it at a later date. And instead of being upset, I'm happy that John is out with a friend. He really does deserve it.
Want to know why? I'll tell you. He is just the greatest. (I never wrote a thankful thanksgiving post, so here it is late, and combined with the Christmas cards.)
I'm thankful for John because:
• Sometimes he helps me get out of bed in the wee mornings by putting my clothes in the dryer for me.
• He often makes me tea to take with me on the commute.
• He buys me almond roca, and hot cheetos with lime (and real limes to drizzle on top) without me having to ask for them!
• He knows how much I love chocolate oranges, and he's been keeping a steady supply of them in the house this past week.
• He actually does the dishes by himself while I'm at work sometimes!
• Get this: he makes homemade bread!!!
• He got an iphone, I'm just so proud :)
• A couple weeks ago he said, "Marrying you was the best decision I ever made."
The list could go on and on, but I won't force you to read all the great things about my husband. The point of this is that we've been married over three years and we are still happy and in love (I know, three years is not very long, but I still feel like it's an accomplishment!). And I'm so very thankful for that.
On another note: I've never really done the Christmas card thing. And John hates getting his picture taken. We haven't had pictures taken of us pretty much since the wedding... Sometimes I use a self timer and force him to cooperate (like with the photos used below). But a few weeks ago I created the cutest little reindeer, and I just wanted to share him!
So yesterday, I got done with work early, and I decided to make a Christmas Card. I printed out a proof here at the house on my crappy printer, but I think it turned out really nice. I haven't decided yet if I'm actually going to print and send these cards, but I'll at least share them on this lovely blog: