6.15.2011

Things That Get Me Through

I'm going to be completely honest with you.

Sometimes I can be a negative person. Sometimes when things go wrong, I act like the world is going to end! And I complain to John, and I get all down. I'm working on becoming a more positive person.

I can be busy and happy all at the same time, it's true, I know it is! It's all about my thoughts. And about the way I see the world. It's about the way I choose to feel.

So this morning I decided to make a list of things that have helped me through hard times this semester. I hope that maybe you can use this list on a hard day to help you through your hard times. :) And it will also be a quick way to tell you what's been going on in my life, since I'm a class F blogger lately!

My "Things that get me through" List [in no particular order]:

  • A Sunny Day
  • Otter Pops
  • A sweet note on the table from John
  • Waffle Crisp
  • Pandora
  • Mumford & Sons
  • Finally having one of my pictures win a prize in Photographics Society
  • Helping students to learn to use Illustrator, & seeing them start to understand the way things work.
  • A hug from my sweetster
  • Riding my bike to school
  • Registering for my last semester of classes
  • Calling a professional designer in California, and having him tell me he's looking forward to seeing my work, and he'll show it to some other designers he knows.
  • Enya
  • Coldplay
  • Knowing that I have good friends that care
  • Friends that feed me grapes, carrots, and cliff bars [Go Erica!]
  • PSYCH!!! The most recent season is available on Netflix!!
  • Toaster Stroodles
  • Night Photography with friends [see photos below]!
  • Writing HTML & CSS that actually does what I tell it to
  • The new Taco Bell Mango Strawberry freezy things!
  • Hot showers
The list could go on! See, there is always so much positive in life, we just have to choose to see it.

Have positive days this week for me, okay?

P.S. Here are some awesome pictures I took in the dark last week:

 [A long shutter speed does wonders]

[Cop cars make for awesome light pictures, but don't tell the cop you just took a picture of him, he'll get mad at you... Oops... :]

Happy Hump Day Everyone!

2 comments:

Cailey said...

Yay I can finally post on your blog! this is soo wonderful! I know, total dork. Anyways your list is wonderful. I loove the taco bell mango strawberry stuff. The pina colada is GREAT if you like pina colada! mmm. I havent had a toaster stroodle in a long time. and its wonderful knowing that you have good friends who cares about you! AWESOME pictures. OHH best on your list is calling a professional designer. HOLY COW Sara!! that is soo stinking awesome! I mean WAYYY COOL! I know how it is, trying to be more of a positive person. I love being positive, but I soo easily can become negative and stressed! Jeff makes it look easy. And it helps when he just stops me and gives me a hug (after I've yelled at him and chewed him out and freaked out), then I realize things arent as bad as I think they are. I've asked him to start giving me hugs after work... so that doesnt happen as often. :o) thanks you always help me look through different lenses. I know its hard, but its great. ... and i'm a novel writer.

Sara T. said...

I'm so glad you can post again! I changed it to the pop up comment box to see if it would change things, and it looks like it worked! I love your novel :) I know what you mean about husbands making it look easy. John is so laid back, and hardly ever ever stresses out. He helps me to see when I'm being unreasonable! And I've had my eye on the pina colada for a while now, I'll have to try it next time I go.