6.06.2011

Simple Pleasures

This semester has been my toughest semester yet! I'm taking 16 credits of upper level classes. I love every single one of them [minus that lame General Ed science class that I put off until now]! I just have a lot to get done each day. Some days I leave in the morning and don't get back until 6 or 7 at night. I didn't know how I'd make time for a job with all that going on.

I was stressed to the max. I was feeling lost. Lost from John, lost from dishes & delicious dinners, and lost from God. Nothing seemed to be going right. And then I went out to take some photos of a wire whisk [You'll find those photos here] for my graphic design class, and I found these little beauties:




I don't know exactly why, but the beauty in those obnoxious weeds, and the stinky blossoms changed the way I felt about life. As I saw the beauty in the simple things, my perspective changed. I realized that I was making my life too complex with all that stress.

So I stopped and re-evaluated my life. I decided that it's not the end of the world if I don't get good grades. If I'm doing my best, than that's good enough for me. It's time to stop stressing, and start loving the good things I have in life. Like my relationship with John, which is more important than all this school stuff.

This week is going to be a better one, because I'll be keeping my eye out for the many good and simple things I have in life.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

I love it! Sara You are awesome! I also Decided that If/When I get my restaurant started Then You will be my photography!! :D Kay! Haha. You are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Not sure the other comment made it,,, lol,,,so I will repeat. Your conclusions are so true and beyond your years. Your life will be better off when you implement them. Tell your husband I said hello. Love Aunty JUdy

Baylen + Mariana said...

These are really pretty. You're doing a great job! And i love your photo blog, it's also really good!